Friday, November 28, 2008

Thank Full

Grant and I
are thankful for fun projects like pilgrim place cards to keep us from doing real work.



I am thankful for a full Thanksgiving table. This is before food, so it gets even better!
Bacon crusted Turkey tastes allot like...regular old turkey. But the gravy? Oooh yeah, now that was worth the extra effort! We are all thankful for bacon crusted Turkey gravy.

I am so bummed that blogger can't find a few of my favorite pictures. I have one of Troy and Danny waiting at the table for the food that is so cute! Both have a little frown and Troy is holding up his fork and spoon. This one will have to do instead.

This cute pilgrim couple stopped by for the feast, we are so thankful they came.

















Our Thanksgiving tradition of decorating cookies continues, and for that we are thankful.

























The master craftskids are thankful for baggies with holes at one corner with frosting inside, and especially thankful that the frosting comes right out when you suck on it. So convenient. So sweet is it not?

5 comments:

Roger said...

Thanks for the Thanksgiving pictures...looks like a beautiful meal and very interesting decorations. Glad you had a good Turkey day.

Wade, Andrea & kids are here tonight as well as Jennifer and Ryan. They had a mail shower from Thelma that was nice. We have special meeting in York tomorrow. Looking forward to the privelege.

Dad Burgess

Anonymous said...

If you add artificial smoke to the gravy would it have the same effect? That just gave me an idea. Maybe I'll try it someday.

We took a break from turkey on Friday and had salmon with a topping of avocado, chives, lime juice and olive oil. Umm, good!

Thanks for sharing yours!

Love, Mom

Renee said...

Your day looked special indeed! Interesting to hear about the bacon crusted turkey! I brined ours this year. Never had before. It maybe added a bit of flavor. I would do it again anyway. I like your cookie decorating tradition!!

ALB said...

We have so much to be thankful for don't we? Fun to see your pictures.
Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Dawn and I take turns and it was hers this year. I did pies and rolls. I added some whole cranberry sauce to the cherry pie. I really liked it. Of course I just guessed on the amount of tapioca and almond extract, so I may never have such good luck again!

We had a very good Sp mtg at Casper Sunday.
Love, Bonnie