Friday, November 14, 2008

Birthday Boy

For Gentry's birthday we went East of the mountains. It was rainy and foggy even there but the home we visited lightened our hearts. I highly recommend them. Gentry was treated royally for his b-day by our gracious hosts.











H-wood House
Guests will enjoy two gourmet breakfasts with fresh homemade
cinnamon rolls, and a full course epicurean Sunday Dinner
with other delightful and interesting guests.
Also included in the weekend package is a classic cruiser
bike tour into picturesque downtown Walla Walla for shopping
and coffee, a trip out to the historic Whitman mission,
with a stop at the colorful Worm Ranch for authentic fish taco’s.
Enjoy a tour of surrounding towns with heartwarming
local stories shared by your charming hosts, with a stop at
the local combination book and sandwich shop, the local school,
and the hardware store. Best of all you will enjoy the fellowship,
and the hospitality of the H-wood’s.

Thanks for everything!

7 comments:

Roger said...

Sounds interesting and fun. Is this Hazelwoods? Do they have a bed & breakfast?

Hope you had a very happy birthday, Gent. We love you both.

Dad

Roger said...

By the way, I like the song..."Just a Closer Walk" There are many very nice versions...great song for rythm & harmony!

Dad

Shirley said...

Sounds like it was a great place to go for a relaxing birthday! I've never been to Walla Walla (and don't know if my husband has either), but I've read a lot about the history of the area. So it would be neat to visit someday.

Anonymous said...

Such a handsome man! You have a nice profile, Gent. Jen wishes she had your nose.

Glad you had such a nice time in Walla Walla!

Love, Mom

Pharmgirl said...

Happy Birthday, Gentry! Bet you're sad you didn't get happy meals and a purse cake for your big day!
I can't believe you drove right by and didn't come visit me! I have both Honey Nut Cheerios AND Rice Krispies; I've learned that you don't put the sugar in with the coffee grounds but rather wait until it's in a cup to add it; and I have a very lovely park with a soda fountain (is that what they're called? Soda fountain, soda shop, whatever) within walking distance.
You guys will have to come visit another time now that the work is done. :-)

Lainey said...

Dad, yes it is our dear friends, and no they don't have a bed and breakfast, it was my attempt at cleverness. I think they should have one, and I would come and stay...Walla Walla has some great old mansions that I would love to get my hands on.

Janell, I guess we thought you were still over on our side...we'd love to come see your place and eat your cooking- especially with all you have learned. E.

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

Happy Birthday Gent! You still have a card for you in my Bible bag! I was on-time and you made me late! Oh, well! You get to keep celebratin' a little longer! Glad you had a nice time!!