Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Some words are hard to say.

Goodbye is the hardest word of all.

I have found much comfort in this poem that was sent to me after we said goodbye to Mom, from my Aunt Hazel. It does make the sorrow easier to bear.

Even death has a wonderful mission,

When it robs us of those we love,
It lifts our hearts from our surroundings,
To long for that meeting above.
No matter how heavy the burden,
No matter how deep the despair,
Does not heaven seem nearer and dearer,

To know that our loved ones are there?

Thank you Michelle for a faithful finish, it helps us to say goodbye.....until we meet again on the other side. May we be as faithful.

3 comments:

Donna and Jim said...

I like that poem. I didn't know Michele except through her blog. I love her photography and I loved her attitude. What an example she was.

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

Thank you for that poem. I didn't really know Michelle anymore either, but reading her blog and the comments left show her faithfulness!

Alison said...

Thanks for sharing this poem. Our thoughts are with Michelle's family and friends these days and with all those who are gathered this morning at her funeral service.

Like those above, I didn't know Michelle either, only through her blog. I loved how she kept things in the right perspective. This life is so temporary, and Eternity is For Real.