Thursday, November 13, 2008

Passing


Uncle Paul passed away on Monday November 10th. He was born in January of 1918. I am so thankful that he had Aunt Hazel and Uncle Ed and Aunt Fern visiting at the time. Dad said that he had a very nice visit with him a week or so ago. He always was a gentle peaceful man from my perspective. Of all my aunts and uncles I knew him the least since they lived the farthest away and as the oldest of the family my mom didn't know him as well either since he had left home when she was still quite young, she had more in common with his kids I suppose. I do remember stories of them when they were young. Marty came out and worked for a summer at JC so we got to know him a bit. I was the only kid at home at the time so he was stuck doing stuff with me and the folks. I am thinking of all the family gathered together today for the funeral. A faithful life is always a message of hope and inspiration.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was he the fellow from AZ that visited when we were camping near the Tetons the summer of 1990?

Our thoughts are with you.

Love, Mom

Lainey said...

Yes, that would have been Uncle Paul and Aunt Venice, I had forgotten about that.

Anonymous said...

Without your blog, I don't know when I might have heard of Paul's passing. I used to depend on Brad for these things. Thanks, Elaine.

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

Sending warm thoughts your way tonight!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I can hear your mom saying in her cute way, "Do you want to hear about my nephews in AZ?" She enjoyed how different they all were from each other. It was nice they had the time in AZ, and they loved being with Paul and Venice too.
Love, Bonnie