Monday, December 1, 2008

Thai/Pie Surprise


Yes, I know these photos are blurry, that is because my camera batteries were not charged enough for a flash. But, I must post them to commemorate our 5th Sunday potluck. We tried Thai for Morgan and had Pie for Jerry. It was spectacular. The Thai cooks were all successful with their dishes so we had a wonderful shrimp dish, a chicken salad,a soup that we cannot pronounce, a chicken curry, chicken in a peanut sauce, barbecue chicken, and pork on lemon grass skewers. Jerry's apple, currant and cranberry pie was very memorable (the kids loved his little individual ones) and if I remember correctly we also had a Japanese pumpkin pie with coconut, a banana creme pie (this was my old favorite with a twist, I used coconut milk for the milk and of course had the rum in the whip creme....turned out pretty spectacular if I don't say so myself!) and a pumpkin birthday cake for the birthday girl (Paul's mom). It is enough to make you lose your appetite eating all this delicious food. Next time: Authentic Mexican Cuisine. Thanks for the inspiration Morgan/Jerry!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Would have liked to have been there. We couldn't even find the ingredients for Thai here! Ours would have to be something with beef and corn.

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

I want to come to your meeting! ;) Sounds like Christmas around our house!

Roger said...

That looks like a lot of fun. It would have been good to try the different Thai foods....as long as they don't have curry in them. It looks like you had a big turnout!

Dad Burgess

Anonymous said...

I haven't looked at your blog for some time and Wow!, a bunch of new pictures....I always enjoy your blog...it is very emotional... funny, sad, exciting, mouthwatering ...you name it...thanks for sharing! Lorraine