Monday, April 7, 2008

Signs of Spring: Maaaa


This is the painting I did this morning with my crayons and hot tray. Not too impressive I know but I found it so challenging to get it to look like anything that I am quite happy that it actually resembles a cow and her calf. This is not a media that lends itself to fine details, which is good for me. The best part is with chopping and redoing etc. it only took me about an hour. That is encouraging. Bad part is that was my hour for excersize. I may start looking like my subject.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Elaine, thanks for the comment on my blog. Unfortunately, Indian paintbrush doesn't grow in our area. I would love to try pressing some. I've done a bit of sagebrush, the kind we have here is feathery and close to the ground.

I thoroughly enjoy your blog!! The art is great...maybe the cow doesn't have fine detail, but it is definitely a cow! I kind of skimmed, but need to read how you did this.

Troy and Beth said...

Your Jib Jab video makes us think "dancing" is enough exercise!! Continue to celebrate like that and you'll be able to eat as much jam as you want!

Bri said...

That was a cute video!!!! How do you do that??? We heard about your great news, we are happy for you too!! The girls are wondering if you are coming for Antioch now???
Duane, and Brenda

Lainey said...

Duane and Brenda,
I really don't remember saying that, but that is a great thought! I am smarter than I remember....I will of course have to ask the boss about our plans. Thanks for stopping by!