Monday, April 28, 2008

Our Big Weekend is over..

Gentry and I had to work this past weekend. We had our Remodeled Kitchen and Bath tour both days from 10-5:00. We came home pumped and exhausted at the same time. It was wonderful fun to hear all the nice things people had to say about the work, and to hear all about what they want to have done. I am in very good company as it turns out-there are a slew of people who have a list of projects they need doing. Smile. We had 96 people through on Saturday and they came pretty steady right from the start, and slowed down so we all got to have lunch. We had a volunteer each day from local colleges so they were a big help. They were both really great. We had to sign in blood that we would feed them lunch and give them breaks. That was doable on Saturday but not even happening on Sunday. Sunday it started slow and we were both wondering why we had to miss meeting for this, then it picked up around 10:30 and we were slammed all day long. People stayed longer and talked extensivly with Gentry so that was rewarding and tiring. We had 126 people come through although I may have missed some since I was trying to watch the door and show the upstairs bathroom at the same time after our volunteer left early. (Could it be he was starving?) One hour we had 40 of those folks- it was a bit overwhelming.

The kids did great- let people in for meeting (we even missed the workers being in our meeting...sadness) and Gerry and Linda took them out for lunch with Reid too. Then they went to Beth's and they jumped on the trampoline and went to gospel meeting and when we got home we took Beth and the kids out to pizza. Pizza has never tasted so good. This place serves little rolls with butter and fresh garlic....we were snarfing them down. It was actually really good for me to know what hunger is but I thought Gentry might pass out.

One really sweet thing was a past customer who is elderly but still works cooking for the hospital came and brought Gentry cookies. What a doll! 3 other previous customers also came to check it out. Very nice of them to support our business like that.

5 comments:

Troy and Beth said...

I want the cookie recipe...Joe loved them and the bites I took were deeeeeeeeeelicious!

Shirley said...

Had to come say "hi" today, because I was blog hoppin' (surfin' or whatever), and I found a blog with a link to yours...and the link was entitled "Artsy Elaine!" So since I haven't before, want to say that I HAVE enjoyed your photos of your artistic creations! I had a very creative, artistic mom, so I was really into art while growing up, especially in my high school years. Sadly, I rarely spend time in artistic endeavors anymore, except the easy stuff like ditigal photography! Anyway, your paintings, etc., are excellent! Keep up the wonderful work! -S.

Lainey said...

Beth, I will see what I can do. I have not been successful in the past with that endeavor. They were quite yummy though!

Shirley, Thanks for the very kind words. We certainly do have a lot of fun with it around here!

ALB said...

I hope you have much business comign your way with the efforts you put forth this last weekend! Very exciting.

Roger said...

Glad to hear the open house was so well attended. Hopefully it will result in some potential business. Who led the meeting? Grant? Well, anyway it was an interesting experience for you, I'm sure.

Dad Burgess