Thursday, April 24, 2008

Crazy Good!!

I found this recipe for Smore Brownies at a favorite cooking blog (http://countrykitchenrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/02/smore-brownies-i-could-not-resist.html) and thought I would see how my DeMarle would deal with the marshmallows.
Wrena's suggestion about turning the oven off after preheating it to broil worked great for this pan which cannot handle those temperatures. I only preheated it to 450 and it still worked. Awesome!
And, yep, melted marshmallows stick to DeMarle molds, however, it did come out of the pan once we got past the marshmallow part (turned the pan inside out...is that cool or what? No other cooking pan can do THAT!) I learned: I will put some parchment paper on the edges just where the marshmallows are next time.

"Mom, this is good, and fun to eat" exclaimed Miss Victoria.
"Yeah, Craaaazy Good!" agreed Sir Grantius.
And from Gentry? "This would make a good company desert." Which I think means, yummy, unique, and pretty when plated. So, come on over and have a piece!


6 comments:

ALB said...

How fun! What a great lady you are making such a yummy dessert for your family. Micah was wishing he was sitting right up there too!

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

Tiana seems to think we need to do this, too! And, did you just soak your DeMarle afterward, or did soaking not work to break the marshmallows down?

VJ said...

Apparently, marshmallows have a lot of sugar(go figure!)so water dissolved it in no time. Easy clean up.
I am using VJ's computer since mine is messed up.
Lainey

Alison said...

Crazy good!-I like it :)

It seems like every time we make real s'mores it is in the evening around a campfire and right before it's time to go to bed. So I usually limit the kids to one marshmallow and NO chocolate! MEAN MOM!

Maybe we can make these and have them for dessert earlier in the day! :)

P.S. can I link to your blog? Feel free to do it with mine if you want.

Lainey said...

FW: Please feel free to link, I have been wanting to ask the same of you.
WOW! You really are a mean mom. That is impressive. (The best moms are the meanest ones you know!) :)

VJ said...

Dad has lame comments. " This would make a good company dessert." LAME!