Friday, September 26, 2008

You know what they say...an Apple a day!

It is apple harvest here at Red Maple Farm. Many apples fell to the ground before we got to them but there seems to still be plenty! I have been making spiced apple cider (spider), applesauce, apple muffins, caramel apples and plan to freeze some for pies next week. Every burner on my stove is full of apple canning or apples cooking. I think the pupils of my eyes are shaped like an apple. "The apple of my eye?" The goats are very spoiled, they love all the peels, cores, and leaves. Goat Heaven! Joe came over today and was the goats personal slave, picking up apples and leaves off the ground and feeding them to Fireball and Cobalt. Joe is now the apple of their eye!

5 comments:

Brent and Dayla said...

Elaine, should I tell you that when you are done with the apples I think it's time for the plums? Yummy food...you are making my mouth water!

Roger said...

Is the apple painting yours?

Dad Burgess

Lainey said...

Dayla: Yes those plums must be taken care of! I love the taste all year long!

Dad: Yes, that is a little crayon painting I did several years ago. It doesn't have quite the sparkle to the naked eye that it has in the eye of the camera though. Thankfully. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and your paintings! I didn't know that you painted, you are really good! It is fun isn't it! I always call it good theraphy :) Pat Snelling Weiner

Lainey said...

Thanks for stopping by Pat! Painting is a lot of fun, and I am already an admirer of your work!