Monday, October 6, 2008

Walk, talk, talk, talk, walk, talk, talk, talk.

This past weekend was the Leavenworth 1/2 Marathon. I am so thankful for friends who made this a fun time of fellowship not a time of parties (Oktoberfest was in full swing) and competition. I ended up walking with Gill and we had a wonderful time together. (Well, I did anyway!) She made the time go so quickly! The scenery was beautiful and the air was wettish at times but the breeze was very refreshing. I really enjoyed the experience. I don't know if I will do it again, but now I know in part why others do.

The group of runners, and walkers....we were so excited and happy to be alive! Picture was stolen from Donna's blog as my picture takers were not around when we all got together.



While some of us were walking Kent and Gentry took the girls to play mini-golf and shop downtown Leavenworth. Thanks for coming along boys....it was nice to have you there to drive us home!









Yep, that's my medal! Gentry doesn't look it but I could tell he was so proud of me. Snicker!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Good for you!! While Tonya & I were walking this morning we talked about all of you and decided we should try it next year - you've inspired us! :)

Pharmgirl said...

Hahahahaha, Gentry's face just cracks me up!
I'm very proud of you for your accomplishment and I think having someone to talk to for 13 miles would be the only way to get through such a long thing.
Good for you!

Lianne and Todd said...

NICE WORK!! I am so proud of you...but its posts like these that makes me sooooo wish we lived closer!! Well...keep on walkin' and talkin':) LOve ya!!

Roger said...

Congratulations, Elaine, and thanks again for all your updates...It helps us feel clooser.

Hey, a Jock is born (medal & all) at 35! Close enough.

Things have been, and still are, tough for me. We measure progress in small increments. Today is the first time I have used the computer in two weeks and I won't stay long as I'm very slow today. I still can't use my regular e-mail as I do not have it hooked up to my laptop or can't vigure out how to make it work.

Thanks again for updates. Love you! Roger