Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mystical Creatures are the Goats of Red Maple Farm

Grant and I are studying the Celts. Their artwork often involved magical creatures, and the weaving of patterns so I thought I would try my hand at this. Magical creatures must indeed include goats! The result? A Celt stylized male pygmy goat in full wool. When Grant gets done with his masterpiece I will try to show it also. The fun thing is that I am getting the goat face structure memorized and can now create a goat-like creature without looking at one. A feeling of accomplishment. Too bad it doesn't mean much in the whole scope of things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How magical are thy goats? I laugh when I think of you knowing goats...down to their face structures! All the art, adventure, cooking, fun and friends I would have predicted...but not the goats. The treehouse is awesome. Love, Bonnie