Thursday, October 9, 2008

What's in a heart?


As our dear Pops is in the hospital recovering from another heart surgery I have been thinking about how close to our hearts he is. There have been some sweet heart thoughts, and some gory heart thoughts. There have been some heart stopping thoughts, worries and wakefulness.
For fun I thought I would share this poem I found. It is only shared now that the biggest danger has passed!

Pressure neglected
Aorta dissected
Insurance contested
stent rejected
heart pumping
valves slumping
lipids clumping
gotta do sumpting
LVAD device
compensates nice
can't leave ward
short extension cord
Fentwin

We love you with all our hearts Pops and hope yours keeps ticking for another 30 years or so.

4 comments:

Pharmgirl said...

Just in case he's reading this:
Get well soon, get out of the hospital and back home, and then do what you wife and doctors tell you to do! (And pharmacist, of course, but who ever disobeys one of us?!)

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

Wishing a speedy recovery to the afflicted and calmed worries for the rest of you! Love the poem!

Renee said...

Ahh, yes, Elaine...I have thought of all Roger's family that is soo far away...it's really the pitts when someone is sick, isn't it? We are anxious for him to be home...and it sounds like this is the day it will be. Hurrah!! The poem is neat!

Fentwin said...

I'm glad my off the cuff "poem" brought some humor to your day.

My family has a strong history of cardio issues. I wrote that little ditty while carrying out heart transplant research at a local hospital.

I sincerely hope "Pop" is doing well.


Fentwin. :)