Monday, September 1, 2008

Big fun weekend!

We had very special guests for our trip up on top of Huckleberry Mountain this time!
Gentry spent many hours building me a picnic table. Estimated weight is 1200 lbs. Thanks Michael for helping him heft those huge logs around, thanks Eli for falling this beauty. This particular furniture peice is staying right where it is...I get no second chances on arranging my furniture layout. I thought I took a picture of the finished product but I guess I will show that next time. It is a King size table for sure. Next time we come up there will be a Moose family sitting around it I think. Misty and a bit cold this time. WInd was up and blowing the smoke in our faces but that was ok
it gave licence to snuggle time.
Blurry picture but too cute to pass up.
Liam got his first night in a camper. He loved it and Gentry was so happy to have him. We came down Sunday morning and Liam was awake and getting the other two going! I remember those days when my kids would do that....sigh!



Part of my anniversary gift. Gentry took it all apart sanded it down and repainted it. More on this later. Why can't I ride?
I will take you Jaden!



And then, we got home, and had meeting and everyone stayed for potluck! What fun!


Did these two really sit here the whole time and talk?

Surprising isn't it?






It was special to have this time of friendship and fellowship. Then we had Troy and Beth over to celebrate Troy's birthday. Porche's sister-in-law Carmel is Victoria's age so she is here to have some girl time.

5 comments:

Roger said...

Now thats a PICNIC TABLE! What a great anniversary gift...that plus the oven (dutch oven)? It doesn't get much more romantic than that does it? Well, you know he loves you a lot to build the half-ton table when he originally thought it wasn't necessary. Looks like another great weekend on the "Ranch"

Dad Burgess

Will, Shelley, Chet, Zane, Reid, Lily said...

Just have to tell you that Chet LOVES your music! We had to keep on clicking on your blog to listen to it again and again! =)

Lainey said...

Yeah, I think he still loves me....sigh!

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

LOVE the table! Will have to make sure Kent sees it! Looks like you had the BEST time at the VR with Yumna and Co. I'm sure the boys LOVED it! How's schoolin' goin'? Been thinking of you!

Darren Maurer said...

Lainey,
I used the last bit of your jelly this morning and thought of you guys. Thanks again! It was fantastic. Thanks for your kind words on my watermelon painting and I'm jealous of that table. How cool is that?
Darren