Friday, September 19, 2008

Gentry's gift to me.....aw shucks!

Well Ladies, I did actually ask for this. Can you even believe it? Those Wyoming roots are really showing now. There was a picture on the front of the Martha Stewart Magazine this past year with one of these beauties (most likely a fancier model) all decked out with nice linens, candles and the like. We might try that sometime for guests! The cabin feel is really nice. I love it. I suppose some would confuse this with a hunting tent, but not me. This, my friends, is a canvas resort. The stove is very warm and toasty...."Open up the doors, honey!" and it will be a great gathering place if it is sprinkling outside. I really want to have a sing in this, it does kind of remind one of convention on a very small scale.


8 comments:

ALB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ALB said...

I love Gentrys gift to you! Now the picture on the right - Martha Stewart look; Scerene & beautiful...you must get the iron bed & wooden table/chair for the inside of your tent, how it would rest your weary body after the long hikes! Man, doesn't the pain feel good!! We must come to this place. :)

Roger said...

A camper, a John, a picnic table, a tent & stove....what's next?

Dad Burgess

Brent and Dayla said...

You have a great set up there in the VR, before we know it I think you'll be making it your permanent residence! Um, Elaine, did you really think Gentry's idea of sleeping on top of the truck was a great one? You are a brave gal & must not be too scared of heights, because I would have been dragging that cozy bed right off the truck & down near the good old dirt earth!

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

Pretty cool and I bet ten bucks it's better than any Martha Stewart get-up anyday! Probably a lot more love in yours than in her's!

Alison said...

Love it! Enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

'Lainey, I love it!! Great to "be with you " on your blog. Hugs,Love Kathy, Riv Wy

Lainey said...

Thanks for stopping by Kathy! I am so glad you said hi!