Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wow! Its been a whirlwind....

In blogger fashion, I will start with the most recent and work back ... Gentry's parents were here for convention and we took them up to V.R. Our extra is Tim....he works for Gent and is actively hunting for bear. He taught Grant how to shoot a bow and even gave Grant one that he made. It is very cool. Grant loves the sport already.
Don't even think about my laundry piles. Convention......camping....I even have to make a trip to Costco this morning to get soap!
I like this picture of a happy Pops! He had a 70th birthday while here and we are so happy he is still here to enjoy. We have had some scary times with his heart by-pass in the past.
Milltown looks tropical in this photo of our beautiful Nanny....

Confession time: My camera is broken, and so the quality of pictures is most definitely compromised. The viewfinder does not work. Try to picture taking a photograph with a blind point and shoot method. Thanks Janell for getting this one with all of us in it. Joe was sleeping but you can still see a corner of his face! What you don't see is that Joe and Danny had matching duds on. Too cute! Yes, that is Uncle Brian! He came for the weekend.
Victoria took this one...not bad! But I must wonder why I was on the uphill side and Beth on the bottom. Poor planning on my part!

Victoria spent a couple of days while we were home babysitting. Marissa is now a big sister! Yeah!
So since getting back from Wyoming we have:
-had a reception for Reid and Doreen (sorry no camera, I am waiting for someone to share with me- cause there were some interesting moments! Hee hee!)
-gone camping with the Parkers: see pictures here.
-Gentry's folks came- I had to do our bills (it takes a full day or more...what? I have to work???) so the kids hung out at Beth's - Thank you!
-went to Convention
-went Camping with Nanny and Pops and Tim.
Now it is......laundry and more laundry! So a tripping I will go....

8 comments:

Hilary said...

Our camera has the same problem! A new one is one the way, yipee! And I love the picture of V with M & J :)

Brent and Dayla said...

We thought of you all at Milltown..thanks for sharing the photos. I also like the one of Marissa & Joe...cracks me up how they trade shoes when they spend time together! Thanks a million to Victoria & family for watching Marissa! Love, Dayla

Renee said...

Such fun to see your pictures. The group ones of the family are nice. We miss having R and G around here that is for sure!! This is a great trip for them...they are going to see so many folks that mean lots to them!

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

What nice family photos! Hoping you've gotten your laundry done by now -- at least the stuff from convention!! See you Sunday?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos, Elaine. We really enjoyed our time with you again and hope Torry & Grant get to feeling better soon. If she isn't better by tomorrow...you might want to get her to the Dr to be sure there isn't any serious problems.

Love Dad Burgess

Pharmgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pharmgirl said...

No wonder I was shaking and took a blurry shot -- do you see the looks those Burgess guys are giving me?! Troy is laughing at me, Brian and Danny and Grant are clearly disgusted, and your father in law and Gentry just look like they're a bit uneasy! haha That's what I get for wearing heels and trying to take a picture on goofed-up camera!
By the way - I love that skirt. Excellent choice, esp. with that jacket.

Lainey said...

Thats the way I find them looking most of the time. Pretty funny when I went back and looked at that again. Thanks again anyway for taking the pictures. It is hard to make us all look good, the raw material....And high heels are a necessity on the rocky slopes of convention aren't they? I look like I am about to fall over, which I no doubt was about to do!