Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cheezzecake


Tim's family invited us over for dinner so I made a cheesecake from a recipe in my Juniors cookbook. The dinner was great, and I found out that Tim's sister is a pastry chef. Talk about intimidating! She had 4 rhubarb pies in the oven for another event she was going to and they smelled heavenly. But my lowly cheesecake didn't do too bad. The topping was special: Huckleberries from V.R., picked by Pops, Gentry and I while we waited for the boat to float down to us. This is the first time I remember making a cheesecake, so I think it turned out well for all the modifications I made (making them individuals, and creating a huckleberry sauce of my own-scary!) Spongecake is on the bottom, with a toasted pecan/coconut crunch topping around the edges. Pretty yummy!

3 comments:

VJ said...

Why did'nt you tell everyone about the new camera???? Hello????

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

Oh, V, you are so funny!!

You, my dear friend Lainey, have NO reason to fear or be intimidated by a "professional" pastry chef!!! Your cheesecakes were beautiful and beyond delicious! Thank you so much for sharing one with me! Thanks to you, though, I had to go for a run this morning!!

Wade Burgess said...

I keep checking FedEx for the special delivery packages but it doesn't look like these pastries have arrived yet.