Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MIL Raises the Bar! (Again!)





No simple baby book with a few pictures in it for Nanny's babies. These blessed children have a mom who makes them a whole cedar chest with all their childhood memorabilia in it. For Gentry that included things he made (carved a knife out of wood, made a shirt when he had chickenpox, etc.) picture books, baby books with special letters and all the details of his birth and early childhood, and scrap books of his 4H projects, his building projects and so on. I have not completed filling out Victoria's baby book......um, don't get your hopes up children, I am not your Nanny! We have sure enjoyed going through everything and want to say THANKS! It is very special to have, and the work you have put in it is astounding.

6 comments:

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

This is absolutely AWESOME! What a generous, gorgeous idea and how lucky for Gent that he has such an organized mom! I can't even keep my one straight!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you like the chest & contents. There is a lot of time, effort and love represented in these "memory chests". Mom is a special person and we love her for it! I just pay the bills and appreciate the effort!

Love, Dad Burgess

Pharmgirl said...

Not only is that super sweet, it's also quite clever - you can't tell me she's not secretly grinning that all these things are out of HER house! :-)

Pharmgirl said...

And hey- you, with the socks - get your feet off of it!!

Renee said...

Wow...I agree...your MIL just does things with class, no matter what it is!! I think those chests are just splendid!

I love the comment about Mr. sock guy keeping his feet off!! :)

Roger said...

Thanks for the accolades!

When I started thinking about it, I realized I couldn't throw these things away. That is their childhood, the memory of their formative years, and the most valued of mine.

Love, Nanny, Mom, MIL