Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"Vintage Roses"

I am so pleased with the framing of my painting. It cannot be described how rewarding it is to have something I enjoyed working on, became incredibly frustrated with, worked on some more with angst, and finally called finished get framed and hung on a wall. Sure, I still see things I could have, should have done differently but now I feel inspired to pick up the paintbrush again and go through another struggle. This painting is large for me, 18 x 24 (26 x 32 framed) and fills up the wall nicely. It looks like it belongs there which is nice too. Oh, it is a watercolor- the "blooms" in the background are intentional to make sure everyone knows that it is a watercolor...grin.
I hate to go on and on but my favorite part now that I have a bad bad habit of ebay-ing for vintage tablecloths, is the tablecloth in the painting. Man, I wish I had one like that to put on my table....I'll have to look. Hee hee. (Victoria says...no!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great looking picture! I can't wait to see it on the wall.
The colors seems to blend in nicely.

Dad Burgess

Hilary said...

you are one amazing lady!

ALB said...

Some day I will be online looking at paintings thinking...man, I know this artist "Elaine Burgess" her name is all over! Beautiful work. :)

Renee said...

Ok, quit critiquing it and just ENJOY it...wow, it is a beauty in my way of thinking. I love the signature in red in the corner...."Elaine Burgess"....maybe some day I will have a painting on my wall that says..."Elaine Burgess" in the corner. When will you market your talent, or do you already, in some shops out there?

Mimi/Susan said...

As already mentioned, you are very talented. I don't know if you are being published but I will provide a link to my cousin's work and who publishes her. She has so many prints now that you can even find some in Walmart(much to her dismay!)
http://www.galaxyofgraphics.com/artist.asp?ID=135&fn=Vivian&ln=Flasch

Brent and Dayla said...

Elaine, Where is your studio?? I think there is a HUGE future for you in the artistic world & I am not just saying that...you are incredible!! Can you teach Marissa? I can hardly draw a stick figure! Enjoy your beautiful painting!

Donna and Jim said...

I love the painting. You have true talent.

Shirley said...

I agree with everyone--a beautiful painting! You need to get into some of these art shows...there are a lot up here in Snohomish County, and I'm sure there are even more in King.... -S.

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely watercolor. I am glad that you posted it here. Keep painting!! I am also enjoying your wordsmithing, by the way. I hope that you write prose when you aren't painting.