Friday, June 13, 2008

Embroidery? During this day and age?



It started with me looking at vintage flour sacks (and bidding on them!) on EBay. I only won one set by sheer luck I think and so it occurred to me that once upon a time, a long time ago, mom had taught me how to embroider. It did not come back to me terribly quickly, but after a few false starts, (and those French knots are a mystery to me...how did we do those?) I think I am on to something. There is nothing as absorbent as a vintage flour sack! They make great table toppers, biscuit warmers, fly keeper-offers, and can also be used as aprons. Hey, they are great....really! And I am NOT old! (Last message is to my dear daughter.) Another great thing is that I don't snack while I am doing this, a definite plus.)

5 comments:

Brent and Dayla said...

Oh, I love them!! I received a few dish towels like this for a wedding gift, & I've begged my friend to find some more for me so that I can have new ones...my old ones are thread bare. There's no better dish towel! Hhhmmm... I think you've started a new Ebay career! Take care! Dayla

Renee said...

They look lovely, Elaine. Delton's Mom does several sets every winter and I have been the lucky recipient of two sets!! I bet you enjoyed doing them...and they are so pretty besides being so useful!

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

You are doing marvelous work here! LOVE these!

Alison said...

These really jumped out at me! I love them. Thanks for yet another fun idea.

Pharmgirl said...

I love those towels too. I'm just waiting to inherit rather than going on ebay ;-)