Friday, February 15, 2008

Laughter ....the best medicine? Warning: repulsive word used.

I have been enjoying the blogs of all those who have little ones and the moms update family and friends on the cute new things the tykes have been saying. So I thought I would do the same. Unfortunately as I sit down to write this all the "cute" things I had planned on telling you about has slipped out of my noggin. But one, not so cute, stands out so I will share it. Victoria is sick. She came home from school yesterday and I was gone so she only had her brother here to comfort her. His saying when I came in......
"Stand back and let her puke, and nobody gets hurt!"
Crude but age appropriate. Something for you with little ones to look forward to. Twinkle.

8 comments:

Brent and Dayla said...

Elaine, I just about busted a gut laughing! Because I can just see Grant saying that in a very informative voice!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear,our sympathy to Victoria! The Grant comment is terribly funny...it sounds so....well...so
"Burgess". I love it.

Renee

Pharmgirl said...

I wonder if Grant will be like my brother when it's time to get sick and puke - he ran and got a colander!

Lainey said...

And as my brother would say: Flip you for the chunks! Yuck!

ALB said...

Get well Victoria! Ugh...
Never a dull moment with kids around is there?

Darren Maurer said...

When my daughters were little we would go into stores and they would sometimes like to try on hats. Usually there were lots of other kids doing the same thing. Their mother would sometimes tell our girls not to try on the hats because it was a good way to get head lice. Then one time we were at a store and one of them was trying on mittens and we needed to keep moving. So I say to my oldest daiughter who was about three and half years old at the time, "Come on lets get going...put the mittens down...come on don't try on anymore mittens..." She innocently responds back to me with her big dark eyes looking at me, "Why? Might I get hand lice?" I about have a laugh attack and we were on our way. She is almost 16 now but I still love that story.
I appreciate your link to my blog Lainey. I really like coming to your blog and reading about your family. You guys are a neat bunch.

Lainey said...

Darren, thanks for sharing your story, that was great! Kids are just naturally hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I'm just now seeing this, but oh that's funny! I can SO hear Grant! Gotta love your kids! And I do!!