Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Fashion DO! Especially if you are 2!

Recently, Victoria has been giving Dad and I many fashion pointers. Apparently Gentry needs considerable help since his wardrobe consists mostly of items purchased at the big local warehouse.... his reply is usually along the lines of, "Well Victoria, at least my clothes fit me; the sleeves don't have holes that my thumbs poke through, the shirts aren't shrunk to fit under my ribcage, sleeves are not dragging past my knuckles, and the shoes have a back on them. Best of all,I can rely on them being the same every time. " (Big groan heard in background.)
The fashion sported by our model Joe will undoubtedly meet with approval of those with the most discriminating tastes and has been greeted by great enthusiasm by critics of all ages. Definately a 5 star fashion DO! Who wouldn't like to wear this ensemble whenever possible? Comfort and style collide for a winning combination! Current fashion design is definately a going concern and this blog will feature more tips for those with the uncertain wardrobe.

7 comments:

andy and michelle said...

Hi Lainey! I'm just now taking time to do a bit of blog-hopping and thought I'd stop in at yours. Wow - - I'm feeling all OLD and weird... your kids are (forgive me kids), but... they're old!
Well, not "old", old, but all grown up. I'm feeling quite stunned. Yours looks like a fun, lively, delightful household. Maybe when I'm done with this dread disease we can come visit you. I'd love it and I KNOW Andy Ray would enjoying going back.

Take care - thanks for all your joyous encouragment on my blog!!

ALB said...

Nice look Joe, real nice!
I love your comments on fashion Elaine! The fashion statement at our house with a 3 year old...is coming out of his bedroom with his underwear on his head!!

Anonymous said...

Captain Underpants had inspiration like that didn't he? I just love the freedom kids have to be silly.

Troy and Beth said...

I just wish you could videotape Victoria when she is expounding on fashion to her dad....and vice versa!!! I definitely lean toward Victoria's side of things. Glad you dress Gent!!

Around here...we just aim for the showered and dressed part...later we'll work on what we dress in. *grin I have noticed that Danny and Joe look cute in everything...Danny's Birthday Suit is quite adorable with all the chubs!

PS I think I met Andy Ray the same time I first met Troy.

*Beth

Anonymous said...

Wow, Elaine, I have enjoyed viewing your blog. You are quite creative and I love your paintings. Heidi has taken to art but she needs some lessons. Wish we were closer! Would be fun to see all the family other than every 5 years, but almost impossible with everyone scattered all over.

I will be checking more often...Leona

Lainey said...

Thanks for stopping by Leona! Great to see your name on a comment. Send Heidi out for a bit and I will show her some art tricks! Or better yet you can all come and see us.

Anonymous said...

Joe definitely has a knack for the original. I think a hat would be nice to top it off...but then, I'm a hat guy!

Gent & fashion are not usually mentioned in the same sentence..but he definitely does better with your assistance...cleans up pretty good. Definitely better than the shorts, long socks and running boots back in Idaho!

Dad Burgess