Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Local Artist


This painting was done by a daily painter who has a blog I frequent. He is out here in the NW and I am looking for anyone wanting to go with me for a little day trip to the San Juan's to see his studio. If you are interested let me know! I love these little peeps, and the soft blues, browns and violet of their surroundings. So very lovely. I also enjoy this artist's sense of humor and his depictions of old tools. I have been watching his renderings so that someday I can get up the nerve to try one of my own. Gentry has Grandpa Burgess's tools right now and I would love to try and paint them. Intimidating when there is talent like this out there.

5 comments:

Shirley said...

What an adorable painting! Yes, I'd love to see more of this artist's work! What island is his studio on? -S.

Roger said...

This guy is good. It's got to be hard to get a chick to look like a chick and he has it down to the right head cock, eyes, expression, fuzzy look...the works! Wonder what his originals go for?

Dad Burgess

Lainey said...

Roger, I believe that they are only $100.00. They are small. 5 x 7 I think. Very tempting!

Shirley, I would need to find out. If we pick a day to go up I will email him and get an exact address. :)

Shirley said...

Lainey, I must have been in a slight hurry yesterday because I didn't notice the link to the artist's website. I am looking at it now--his blog, that is. He doesn't seem to give his exact location, so hopefully, you can find out somehow! I also like his toy train and carnation paintings! -S.

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

Sounds like a fun day, maybe two, trip! Sure Tiana and I would love to join you!