Friday, May 9, 2008

Hmmm.

You may well wonder what this is. A few years ago I had my dad take some pictures of this interesting "sculpture" of old junk cars in the sagebrush which I have attempted to render in melted crayon (I have new crayons to play with and it is irresitable). It is being posted reluctantly, since only two of the cars look like what they should (cars) but I really don't have much else to post, since you probably dont want to see pictures of my quarterly taxes, which is the other thing I have been working on. Bleh.

3 comments:

Roger said...

This looks like some Missouri backyards...Wade took a few pictures of some "Red Neck" yards that had a bunch of old cars & trucks...not quite as artistic, though!

Dad Burgess

Wade Burgess said...

Oh, don't assume tax filings aren't just as artistic and creative as melted crayon. Some are classics in impressionism, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Would you like pictures of some scenery that is more beautiful to paint than old cars? It is not the landmark we are most proud of in Wyoming! After all, we do have the Tetons, Wind River Mountains, beautiful lakes, trees, and wild animals and flowers... lots of things that are more "Wyoming" than those old cars! (You did make them look more interesting and better than they look in real life, though. Do you do portraits?)
Smiling,
Karen F.