Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Silliness!


When it has been raining for weeks, and it gets dark at about the time the kids get done with their homework, how do you make sure the kids are getting the proper exercise and provide them with an outlet for all that energy?

Well, around here we don't go on flashlight and umbrella walks too often nor do we go spelunking, parachuting, or snorkeling. We keep it simple. We put on some old Beach Boy tunes, get out those glow sticks someone gave us as a party favor and dance around the living room, jump off the couches and run around in circles. That makes us warmed up. If fact we can get so hot that we start thinking that it must be summer, and summer means we need to don swim trunks or sundresses.

Strangely enough, that rain turned into snow during our hiatus to Hawii! Woohoo-Good Vibrations!!

9 comments:

MissVicki said...

Hey, it's snowing here too. We were just wondering, should we put swim trunks on if it is 28 degrees?

Lainey said...

It will make something rattle I am sure! (Knees and teeth, I am thinking!)

Darren Maurer said...

Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog page. I visit your blog often also. I found your blog a few months ago when I went into my site to see where others were coming from. Your stories are wonderful. I have lots of family out in western Nebraska and grew very much like both of you did. Keep in touch.

ALB said...

My, oh my, you guys sure are adventurous! We can sure learn a lot from your fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, brrr........come to NE and we will dress you in snowpants and ski masks and gloves, and take you snowmobiling....it's more fitting for snow than swimming trunks and sundresses....but I love the adventurous spirit in your kids!!

Renee in NE

Brent and Dayla said...

One thing for sure: Your family knows how to have good old fashioned fun! :-) Elaine, I even borrowed a recipe from your blog for dinner tonight! See how you inspire us? Thanks! Dayla

Anonymous said...

BRRR! Makes my feet cold just looking at you kids! It is 0 degrees and we have about 5 inches of new snow here tonight. I am not going out in the snow without my shoes on - doesn't even sound fun! Love, Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

Hey, when life deals you a lemon..make lemonade...or a slushy! I think Grant has pretty good form dancing on the deck...probably gets that from his grandma, she has (or had) some moves!

You wouldn't want to try that in York this week, it has been down as low as -5 degrees this week!

Keep making good memories!

Dad

VJ said...

Yea it was really cold....duh! :)