Monday, January 28, 2008

A little story, does it make you smile?


Years ago my mom told us kids a memorable little tale that I think is worth repeating after our little snow day today.

Way up in the north country there was a little girl on her way home from school. It was several miles home through the snow but that was OK since the little girl was used to the cold and was well dressed in her fur parka and boots. When she was almost home she became aware of a shadow moving behind her. She quickly turned around to look and saw a large bear sniffing at the tracks she made in the snow. Seeing this she very politely said to the bear, " Ooooh! You likey my trackeys? ........ I will make ye some more!"

Short and sweet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it did make me smile!

Renee in NE

ALB said...

Yep, you got a smile out of me!

Pharmgirl said...

Hang on - I don't get it. What am I missing?
Janell

Lainey said...

Pharmgirl: Well, in the original story the little girl was on the way from the privvy, (they didn't teach me how to spell that in school so I am guessing here.) but that is really beside the point I guess. Our little girl in the story is feeling the need to make tracks.....you know.....a bear is after her.....but really it is just about being accomodating. Like most of us would be in her boots. The problem is dear- you are trying to find a deep meaning, well there really isn't one, remember who the story came from. The funny thing is that this story is very very old...It was something from my grandparents generation or earlier, which is one of the reasons I like it.

Pharmgirl said...

Ok, now I get it! Thanks! :-)

Roger said...

Thanks for the Vertical Ranch photos. Hard to imagine the table under that much snow! I'd be interested in the "snow-menu" How did you feed the crew? I imagine you couldn't pack up a lot of food & drink. But knowing you I expect you did better than the average Trapper!

Dad Burgess