Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The most impressive shopping trip...

Gentry cannot complain, and in fact was so impressed with our latest shopping expedition that he went around telling everyone. We were looking for the unusal torilla press. I personally have never seen one in any of my shopping trips in the past, not that I had my eye out for one either. We went to Bed, Bath and Beyond, and I told Gent that it shouldn't take too long (but knowing that in a store that big that getting what I want is time consuming and I can never find someone to ask, so I said that with some trepidation.) We go in, there is someone right there at the entrance who asked us if they could help. I asked for the press (feeling pressed myself to make this quick!) and she says, " Well, we have one more left and it is right here...it is being discontinued." So she goes and grabs it out of a nearby cart, and I asked if it had a special price since it was a discontinued item...yes, it would be 20% off. Fabulous, we pivoted on one foot, paid for our press and off we went on our way. In and out in 5 minutes. Yeah, that always happens when I go shopping!

4 comments:

Troy and Beth said...

ooooh, did you by chance bring a 20 percent off coupon too or one of their $10 dollar off coupons? They don't expire!!!!!

Roger said...

That's my kind of shopping...in and out with a bargin...great! I'll have to have some tacos when we come to Seattle this summer!

Dad Burgess

Darren Maurer said...

Now that's my kind of shopping trip!!!!!

ALB said...

Shorter the shopping experience the better..that is if you want my opinion! Great job Elaine! Feel free to come & cook some of those up for us! :)