Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A painting a day?


I have been so inspired by the daily painting guild paintings that I made Gentry cut me up a whole stack of boards to do some paintings on. Problem...I have not painted in so long that all my paint is really in bad shape, priced it out today....hooo wee! Well, I am going to do something art related everyday for at least three days anyway. Today I did an example painting for a 5th grade class (Grants class...I am just a lowly volunteer) so I am posting it. I can tell that a camera set up will be in order if I ever get famous. It really does not look at all brown in real life. They will be doing palette knife painting with acrylics, with the lesson being to create deep space using perspective through diminishing scale, converging lines and atmospheric perspective through the use of texture and color. Impressed? Wink! I think they will have fun smearing the paint around on the board anyway, like frosting a cake. Tomorrow my Jr. High class (I do get paid for this one) will be glazing the masks they made, so that will be fun too. I cant wait to glaze my example mask which the kids said looks like Abe Lincoln. Hey, I like ole Abe.

7 comments:

Hilary said...

I think your painting is lovely. I mean it. It beats my stove art, for sure! And honestly, some of the artists I was forced to study in college tried to pass off much dumber things :)

Lainey said...

Thanks Hilary! I know what you mean about wacky artists! There are some real prizes out there. I love them, they make me feel normal.

ALB said...

I feel like going skiing when I look at this beautiful painting! You are good
A.B.

GIEJ Long said...

See how good when we can "keep in touch" via blogs, we find out new things about our dear friends. I didn't know what a good artist you were. Congratulations!!!!!
Ivona

Anonymous said...

Your painting is lovely, Elaine. I would like to be in your class - looks like fun! Today my artistic activities are limited to cooking and cleaning - maybe next week I can do something more creative! We have Sp. Meeting pot luck here tomorrow night, company and then Sp. Mtg on Sunday to look forward to. Karen F.

Brent and Dayla said...

Elaine, I am always so impressed with your artistic talent! Beautiful painting! Can you teach Marissa? (I don't have an artistic bone in my body). Take care! Love, Dayla

Wade Burgess said...

Suddenly I'm not as impressed with the Etch-a-Sketch stick man I made in meeting today for Luke.