Wednesday, July 1, 2009

And I am very thankful!

Convention was the best ever. How could we ever explain?

I enjoyed so many things including the scenery all the way to and from, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming are all beautiful and the greenest I have seen them in many years. The grass is so long and lush, the rivers were roaring and some where still muddy, especially in Wyoming. Clean mountain air and beautiful sky's will not soon be forgotten. And the smell of sage!!! How I love and miss it.

But as lovely as all that was, it is the people that we saw and the message we heard that is the nearest and dearest to me. So for my own memories sake I will list in no particular order some that we saw that have made me very thankful and make me feel more....whole. You may know some of them too. Of course listing them by first name only, you'll have to guess-

Dad and Elaine;Lana and Graham; Ty; Alisa; Lorraine and Rich; Virginia, Damon, Jessica, Amber, Amy, and Mitchel; Jean and Brian, with all of their 5 children; Karen and Dave; Will and Shelley and boys; Scott and Rene with Chet and one on the way; Aunt Dorothy; Jim and Gwen; Nate and Lorraine with Sawyer; Jim, his mom Jane, and sister Debbie, Scott and Lisa and 3 children, Lisa and husband who I can't quite remember his name, twin sister to Elaine, and their two girls, Will and Kathy, Susie and George, Press and Nelda, Carrie T. and daughter Sandy, Albert and Sherri T., and the rest of the T. crew Eric P; Jana P, Eacel and Dennis and family; George and Cammy L with all of thier children; Morris and Milly and all their girls with their families; Wayne and Wanda; Brett; Shawna M; Randy and Sandy M and all their kids, Harold M and grandson; Lillian M; Meryle D and all his girls (and families) ; Ed and Teri and all the kids with families; Bonnie and Darrel, Lex; Roger and Dawn; Donna from Riverton, Debbie L (maiden name) from Albin girls- Ainslee and Lindsey, and Todd L daughter; Tyler G;Lorna and Garland; Joni and family; Carilee? and her beau....just a beginning I am sure but I have enjoyed thinking of each and every one as they come to mind!

So sweet to see all and there were many I had hoped to see who weren't able to come due to age or work- Uncle Andy, Eli and Michelle and new baby....etc.

I also saw many of my fellow bloggers who I only know slightly, and unfortunately for me I had several bouts of shyness that did not allow me to introduce myself and get to know you one on one. For that I am very sorry!

Another regret is that I was so in the moment, every moment (thankfully) that I forgot to take pictures!

6 comments:

grmasusie said...

It is so true that you don't even have to talk to everyone to be encouraged by their being at convention. Just to see familiar faces of friends and family we love, but don't see that often is a boost to the morale! Makes you want to stay "counted in". Sorry that we didn't get to visit except to say hi.

Melisa said...

Welcome home! I've missed you and hope that soon we'll be able to connect a bit! Glad you had such a great time!

Roger said...

Good to hear you and the kids enjoyed the Wyoming experience and Cody Convention. You are going to have a busy time with the Burgess Brothers visiting right after your return! Hope you all have a good time.

Dad Burgess

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, but I also experienced bouts of shyness and although I wanted to visit with you I never found it in me to do so. Your blog is so fun to read.
Retha

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elaine....it was great to see you and the kids again. I love your kids...they have character!...and are very good kids too...thanks for bring them to Cody...they encouraged me! Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Hey! It was lovely to see you and your 2 at Cody! Its so nice to kind of catch up and get a bit reaquainted every so often. Think of you quite a lot and love to read your blog. You have awesome kids.
Jean