Thursday, May 14, 2009

What color should it be?

Well, you know how our house is red like a barn? Should we paint in the Nebraska style, making our shop also red with white trim, or should we be true to where we live, and paint it in the Nordstrom/ Starbucks style? I am thinking of a dark purplish, reddish brown with red doors (our red house color- which is an autumn red)? The two reds could look real nice together, the shop would be darker than the house. Tell me, tell me true, what would you do?

5 comments:

Roger said...

Well, I'm a dummy and don't know what the Nordstrum/Starbucks style is? I'm sure you have a better idea of what would look good than I do...But, of course, being a Nebraskan, and from middle America..I can't see how you could go wrong with the traditional red/white theme...that may not play in Kirkland!

Roger

ALB said...

Same color as the house! whew- that was a hard question & all...

Hilary said...

I kind of like the Starbucks/Nordstrom idea, but you're so good with color, Elaine, whatever you do will be smashing :)

Mom said...

Risk! You can always change it if it looks blatantly wrong. Buy a quart of paint and paint a small area, stand back and look at it or draw it out on paper and color it in.
Now I'm going to have to go out to the Interstate and look at Starbucks to see what you mean!

Lainey said...

By Starbucks colors I guess I am thinking of the bold way they use color inside their stores- our Starbucks is nothing to look at on the ouside, it is a converted Burger King. I wish they would have asked me to help them with that! Wink!