Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rushing Waters

Grant came back from a trip up to the mountains with Dad and Reid last week saying, "It is a good thing you weren't there." I found out why he said that when the boys took me on a little tour of where they went last week to see the China Point Falls. It is straight down to a rocky gorge where the water is squeezed through a high walled canyon, and they went there in the slippery snow. I am glad I was oblivious to the possibilities as my fear of falling is already over exercised.
The roar was impressive, I was expecting a bigger "falls" but the water churns around several deep holes. China Point Falls is a 10' falls over bedrock. It was unusually beautiful and intimidating at the same time.


I am always thrilled at the tenacity of trees that perch on rock outcrops.

Looking down on the tops of tall trees, China Point is close to the area on the road where the cross is. (Where the honeymoon couple backed over the edge while intoxicated). This particular spot has seen much to horrify. It got its name during the mining rush when 50+/- Chinese men were putting in the road and were massacred by native Indians.

1 comment:

Roger said...

awesome pictures...I'll bet the sound is impressive too! Nature has all kinds of beauty...colors, shapes, moods, patterns, serene, calm, busy, quite waters, rushing waters, falling water, cascading water...well, you get the picture...in fact you got the picture of cascading rushing & falling waters!

Dad Burgess