Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bag Lady

It is all Beth's fault that I have turned into a bag lady. She was the one who brought home the book that showed how to make a t-shirt and duct tape bag, a bag from a pillowcase, a bag from a rain slicker, and a bag from an old boot. (Well, that last one hasn't been completely worked out yet but I feel sure it will be next.)
The bag on the left is my t-shirt bag and the other is a pillow sham bag. The pillow sham was purchased because I love the old fashioned print, and because the colors match my decor in our sitting room, but it didn't really work for the couch- too big. I was going to just smallerize it but...I don't really know how to sew. But...I did sew this! I am a tiny bit proud of it because I had to sew it all by hand and I really am not too good at that sort of thing. It even has a snap closure that I got to work.
And now it is my embroidery bag, the case of thread fits perfectly and here you see the latest project in its unfinished state. Victoria and I loved to read this book when she was little and it seems the perfect image to put on a little vintage (from my childhood) pillowcase. It has been a fun project for me to sit and sew while helping Grant do homework, or sitting waiting for him during swimming.

4 comments:

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

I'm impressed!! Almost inspires me to get creative. But first the house MUST be cleaned!!

GIEJ Long said...

The bag is very nice Elaine! Congratulations!

Lainey said...

Thanks! :)

grmasusie said...

Karen's and my sister, Polly..(is that the way you say it??) has made about 30 really neat purses out of old boots. Each purse takes a pair of boots. She puts on conchos and a belt with silver trimmings for the handle. they are all colors, red, blue, tans. blacks and browns. If you want to see, I will forward them to you.