Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh, I forgot to mention...




The kids were in a big hurry to get back to the beach house after meeting so we thought we would take a short cut. (Insert your smirk here.) The only thing it shortened is my life span. My heart rate rises every time I think about it. Really it wasn't that bad but it is pretty uncomfortable to be lost in a strange country when all there is to ask for directions are very nice smiling people who can't speak a lick of English and gesture wildly. I don't know how you say "You can't miss it" in Spanish but that had to be a part of the conversation. A sure sign that something will go terribly wrong. I wanted to stop and shop at some very interesting looking shops we happened by but the kids were groaning and moaning (or was that Gent?). Basically we ended up going in a great big circle and decided to take the familiar long route home. I still wonder were we took the wrong turn......

1 comment:

Roger said...

You have taken some great photos of your family and the countryside...times to be remembered and cherished!

Dad Burgess