Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Painting with Bonnie


Bonnie asked if I could come paint with her while I was back in WY. Of course I said yes! We painted together once before with Mom and all made the same picture of wild mustangs, in oil. It was fun to see her painting from that session in her house and all her other work! She has some that if I was brave enough I would ask to buy but I know she has "feelings" for them and that is why they are hanging in her home. It was tremendous amounts of fun to get caught up in the conversation to the point that I boldly put a red background in my painting. That was definitely her influence! :) She is a very energetic conversationalist. I loved every minute with her.
They recently made up the "calving shed" into an indoor/outdoor entertainment area that is decorated with signs from the dairy of days gone by and tools and other cool things. The vignette is of feed bags and hoof clippers all on a special bench from Chugwater (If I remember correctly) convention. I wanted so much to have the convention bench in my painting but couldn't get it to work out so just did a simpler scene and Bonnie wanted to do something big and she ended up with the whole scene. Funny. Thanks Bonnie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to get together with you again Elaine. We really did have a great time. "Energetic conversationalist..."if you'd come a little more often I wouldn't have to put so much into a few hours! Ha. Ha. Since you don't have any comments on this post I guess I'll write a whole letter :) One thing I've been wondering is why your blog always comes up on an old post from another year and other blogs I check always open up to the newest post? Wonder if it's just my computer or if everyone opens up to that page when they check your blog.

Dave & Karen spent the night last night. It was fun to see them again. Ty came out for supper on his new beautiful yellow motorcycle. When I called to see if he was coming I got the wrong number and invited a stranger for supper! He sounded a little puzzled.

Hope you're all doing well. I haven't finished my painting yet but I'd like to. We've been haying and tiling. They don't seem like they should be in the same sentence do they?

Love,
Bonnie