Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Original Watercolor Painting, it's for Sale!




This is a painting I did with some great moms who asked me to have a watercolor class for them. I really like the subject matter and (by some accident) felt it turned out pretty well and had it framed. It has been hanging in our spec house and even though I have a great place for it I think I am finally ready to sell it. The frame has a bit of a rustic look and has the little bumps along the inside of the frame somewhat like the French dinnerware you sometimes see. I have another painting waiting to be framed so I want to sell one to make wall space. I have not sold many paintings so do not really know what to charge. It is 21"x 28" with the custom frame. I thought I would offer it here first for friends and family. I would be happy with $500.00 but feel free to make me an offer. It is painted on archival watercolor paper with professional quality paints and placed behind glass coated with UV protection. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lainey -
One reason I admire your blog so much is because of the art content. I painted in college and have been wanting to get back to it.

I love this painting. 11 years ago, my sister lost her baby at 8 1/2 months during her pregnancy. Apple candles similar to these were shown in the MSL magazine that month and I had three of them on the table, burning, when I heard about the baby's death. So I'm always reminded of my nephew Brandon when I see them.

I'd love to take a painting class with you... this is beautiful work.

ALB said...

Oh Yes...it is time to sell what you are so talented at! You just keep those beautiful paintings coming. If I had a kitchen that had walls it would be a wonderful piece! The rounded wall would not hold such a piece! Wade suggests Ebay for selling.

Darren Maurer said...

Lainey,
I was trying to find your email address but I don't see a link for email anywhere. This is a fantastic painting. I didn't realize you were a painter also. I would tell you a painting of this quality and framed is easily worth $500. Ebay can be good sometimes. I would tell you to start your auction at a price you will be happy with and if it sells for more then it is a bonus. Do you paint regularly? I really like this one.

Lainey said...

Thank you for the encouragement everyone, I have not sold to anyone other than friends who have stopped by and saw something they liked or a few comissioned paintings/drawings. I really appreciate your input Darren since you have a successful buisness selling your art (which I admire so much!) I do not get to paint very often so I cannot really make a business out of it at this point but someday....who knows? I sure do enjoy doing it! I will try to figure out how to get my email on here.