Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It was pouring in the basement!

Ah! This was a grand thing to see! A concrete pump truck in our driveway has been a long anticipated event.



On no particular Friday we got our foundation walls poured for our basement remodel and it all went very well. See all those studs? 12" apart I am told and while that turned out to be sufficient it was not too much. We would have had some problems if they had been the typical 16" as it was there were a few worrisome creaks and pops but no blow outs. We have definitely gotten more settled with stronger foundation under us! Wow is that a relief! Everyone kept asking me if I was excited to get it done. Hmm. Apparently there was some misconception about women that needs to be cleared up. New kitchen cabinets are exciting for us females but we will leave excitement about foundations up to you guys. Weird, I know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Progress, aint it great? Sounds to me like you could have used the extra room for last Sundays Meeting!

Oh yes, concrete, isn't it romantic. Remember your first pour with Gentry in Nebraska when you were building our barn?

You must have really loved him. A lot of women would have left after that episode!

Dad Burgeee

Anonymous said...

I agree - there are certain things that are necessary (and usually expensive) but not exciting. That is the way I feel about new tires - sometimes you gotta have them whether you like it or not! I'm glad you got that far on a big job, though. It will be so nice for you to have the extra space! Karen F.

ALB said...

WOW! How cool! Are you going to have a guest bedroom suite down there?! I like your new steps going up to the back deck.