Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Donna's Painting

My friend Donna asked me to paint a picture that would go with the rug in her powder room. This is a picture of it while in progress, I somehow forgot to take a picture of the final result! (Duh) So, it has another flower at the very top left, sort of a side view showing more stem, and it added quite a bit to the composition. There are also some more flora in amongst the background. Maybe I can convince her to take a better picture of it for me so I can post it on my painting blog. I am happy to report that it is hung and looks great with the rug, and it is definitely the focal point, since it is quite large, 24 x 36, and pretty colorful. And it smells good, you know, like oil paint and varnish!

7 comments:

Melisa said...

You are amazing my friend!!

Roger said...

Great job, Elaine...I saw it and liked it a lot.

Dad Burgess

Mom said...

It made the room! Colors are so rich!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful! Maybe you should have your friend take 2 pictures...one of the painting and one of the room with the painting :) Happy 2010!

ALB said...

Very Very Nice! Love the colors. You are good girl! :)

Anonymous said...

You are very talented Elaine, and I am so happy to see your painting...I have an itch to do some flowers. Keep up the great work! Pat

Bryan, Porsche, Mircea, and Casper said...

hey elaine,
i saw it in person and . . .
IT IS FABULOUS! I really like it! Great job! I am in awe of you--the only painting done around here is finger painting--oh and we painted our downstairs closet! grin!
Cheers
Porsche