Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quick Trip

It was wonderful to see so many of our loved ones on our trip to Phoenix. We took a hike up to White Tank and had a picnic. I enjoyed Elaine's chocolate chip cookies quite a bit!


The trail was easy to navigate, the temperature was perfect and the company was sublime. I loved getting to go hiking with my dad, just like old times.


The petroglyphs.

The kids took these interesting photos of each other.



"What are you looking at me for? I have nothing to say. Why don't you try to compose yourself and look the other way?" (Quote from something Uncle Miles memorized for school.)

Funny to see Gentry in a baseball cap. It was borrowed for the occasion, so he didn't burn the top of his head! This is the tank that the natives used to grow crops. Interesting site. No other water around.

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow! Great photos of scenery and people (someone looks familiar!!!). Guess I'm not going to make it to AZ this year. :(

Brent and Dayla said...

Awesome that you got to spend some time with your family!!! I couldn't help but nothice the Lay's potato chip bag in Spanish! I wonder what setting the kids had the camera on to take those photos of each other. That is cool photography art!

Roger said...

Thanks for the photo's, Elaine...I like the one of you and Gent and think he looks pretty good in a cap! It's much classier than his "work hat"!

Dad Burgess

Lainey said...

Baseball caps are classier than a genuine Filson? I am not too sure about that....smile.

Mom said...

I think Bud is the one with the classy hat. He looks like the western gentleman he is!

You picked the right weekend to come...warm and sunny. It's been cooler and rainy since.

ALB said...

Looks like a familiar place!! Glad you had fun. Great pix of Gent & you. :)
Baseball hats are the bomb...you look cool Gentry! !