Thursday, October 29, 2009

I can only say...Wow!

Darren Maurer is an artist of outstanding ability. I have been a big fan of his for several years, bought the jar of jam painting from him (which brings me joy every single day!) and now he has made me cry. Fortunately they are happy tears, as he has offered to give us this very special painting of my sweet family, aptly titled, "Bedtime Story". If you haven't visited his site, you should! Darren does great work, with sentimental themes, wonderful warm colors, and believe me, it is worth it to spend a little on great art work! Everyone who comes to our home comments on the painting. Thank you so much Darren for this special gift, it will be treasured.

9 comments:

Renee said...

Wow, that is incredible. Really much so!

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

Almost made me cry, too! That's absolutely an incredible gift, Elaine!

Roger said...

Ohhhh, how touching! Dad reading to his children. It's something they're never forget, and now you have a work of art to memoralize it!

Where did you hang it? Can't wait to see it for real!

Love, Mom

Roger said...

Be sure to get the painting..we want to see it...How touching!

Dad Burgess

Darren Maurer said...

I'll ship the painting out there when it is nice and dry. It was really fun to paint and when I finished it I knew where it belonged! Glad you cried.

Lianne and Todd said...

Oh my goodness!! That is amazing...I totally remember that pic you took!! Enjoy it completely!!

Roger said...

Oh yes...I really like the song...there are so many little things that bring us joy..the song reminds us of that.

Dad Burgess

ALB said...

Elaine, that is so awesome. You posted this picture on your blog awhile back & I loved it. I have been on his site several times & his work is amazing. Special gifts are priceless.

Bonnie said...

That is so wonderful! You will appreciate it so much and that will make it so worthwhile :)