Thursday, March 19, 2009

Friends

Gentry took my camera so I don't have any pictures to post. We were so privileged to have Bonnie D. stay with us a week. She was supposed to go to T and B's for part of the time but they were feeling puny over there. I enjoyed her so much and we had a great time together. She reminded me of my mom with her wit and her common sense. I listened closely to her wisdom so I hope it will start to show. Our generation makes things so complicated and we second guess our every move, it was refreshing to have someone around who thinks so straight forward. She labored in Vietnam, and in Malaysia. The stories she told are so encouraging, that hope is hope and love is love no matter what the land or clime. We are such a priveleged people.

3 comments:

Roger said...

This is so true. Our Bible study this week was I Thesalonians 3. Paul was so concerned about Gods people and he wanted them to be blameless in Gods sight. He admonished them to love one another and to love others. Jesus was the perfect example of manifesting love to God, Love to his people and love to others.

Dad Burgess

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

So glad you had a good time! It is so very encouraging to hear of God's greatness and the unity we can know with our brethren far and near!

ALB said...

I understand the great encouragement you feel. We just had our workers here & Shari shared her 3 month South America trip with us. Words can't express what she experienced in those 3 months. We are such a blessed people.
Have a wonderful Sunday!